Thursday, July 16, 2009

Strip VerizonWireless messages

I was getting annoyed that VerizonWireless couldn't (wouldn't) remove the text message that they include at the bottom of every picture message sent from my phone ("This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless! ... blah blah"). I called VZW tech support and they suggested I post something to the suggestion box.

Anyhow after digging around I found a post on the Blogger web site detailing a feature on Blogger intended for this kind of purpose. Simply include the text "#end" in the message and blogger will throw away the remainder of the message.

So I then stumbled across a setup option on my phone.. I can have it automatically attach a signature to each Pic's message ... and I'll let you guess what my signature is. Works like a charm - no more having to edit my picture posts to this blog.

Is VerizonWireless in the same place Microsoft was 6 years ago.. not getting the Internet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment